SEND: Special Educational Needs and Disability services
Visions Children’s Centre offers inclusive activities, support groups and sessions to support all families in order for their children to achieve their full potential.
We provide an inclusive environment where kindness and respect is demonstrated to and by everyone. At Visions Children’s Centre all children and adults are listened to and valued irrespective of race, religion, culture, gender, ability or age. We provide high quality, effective early identification and intervention for vulnerable children and children in need including those with special educational needs.
We support children with additional needs by:
- Providing inclusive sessions which are designed to meet a variety of different needs and development stages.
- Offering an accessible building for all which is designed to incorporate quiet, busy and active spaces including a large enclosed garden.
- Providing a safe space accessible to all. We also offer a variety of different resources and activities that meet the needs of every child. This includes sensory equipment and adjustable lighting here at the centre.
- Signposting and supporting families to get the best possible care and help.
- Targeting sessions for children with additional needs outside of term time.
Here are some examples of our fun and exciting sensory play activities!
Read the Aiming High January 2020 newsletter here
The Rutland Rotaract Family Support Centre newsletter is available to download here
We are joining the local knitting group!
- Every Thursday
- From 10.00 am to midday
- At the Rutland Community Hub, Lands End Way (VAR)
- Ages 14+
- Starts 25th July
- £2 per session
If your child receives the Short Break Scheme grant please ensure that a PA is booked to attend the activity with your child/young person when you call to book your place.
Meet at the front entrance
Contact Aiming High to book a place or for any additional information:
To download a copy of the Knitting Group leaflet, please click here
Catmose Gym Sunday Sessions
- Would you like to get fit?
- Would you like to go to a gym but feel anxious?
- Would you like to know how to use the equipment?
- Would you like to go to the gym with other people?
You are welcome to join the small group of young people who are planning to attend the gym every week.
Trained staff will always be there to help you and you can bring your PA or support worker with you if you need to.
Once you have had a free taster session you will need to join the gym on a monthly or pay as you go basis. There will be no charge for any support worker or PA.
Ages: 16 and over
Place: Catmose Gym, Oakham
Date: Every Sunday
Time: 3.00 - 4.00 pm
To download a Catmose Gym Sunday Sessions leaflet, please click here
Special Needs Swimming Lessons
Rutland Rotaract Family Support Centre (RRFSC) provide swimming lessons for children/young people with additional needs on a Saturday afternoon at Oakham CofE and Catmose Swimming Pools.
Using both pools ensures all ages and abilities are catered for.
The subsidised cost of a 30 minute lesson is £5.50
Please contact RRFSC for further details of current availability and to discuss your child's additional needs and level of support required.
This activity is for children and young people with disabilities or additional needs.
Saturday afternoon 1.30 pm - 6.00 pm
Swimmers are allocated session times according to age, ability and level of support needed.
"Sunflowers" - Children with Additional Needs
Sunflowers is a support group for families of children with additional needs and is run by the parents.
Every Thursday in term time, 9.15 - 11.15 hrs.
Rutland Parent Carer Voice
Rutland Parent Carer Voice are a group of dedicated parents and carers of children aged from 0-25 with a disability or special educational need who live in Rutland.