Encouraging your child to be physically active can help them to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Follow the link to this great Active Together website that provides a range of information and ideas for different age ranges of young children: https://www.active-together.org/active-tots
Rutland Local Sport Alliance (LSA) commonly known as Active Rutland acts as a key group in enabling key partners in sport, active recreation, health, and physical activity in Rutland to work collectively to increase the opportunities for all activities in Rutland.
Passport to Leisure
What is a Passport to Leisure?
A 'Passport to Leisure' is a free identity card that enables the holder to gain discounted prices at Catmose Sports Centre.
Full information is available via the Active Rutland website: http://www.activerutland.org.uk/passport-to-leisure-scheme
Who is eligible for a Passport to Leisure?
A free Passport to Leisure Card is available for Rutland residents who are:
- Unemployed (in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance)
- Living on a low income (in receipt of Income Support)
- Have a physical, learning or sensory impairment (in receipt of either Disability Living Allowance or Employment Support Allowance)
- Students in full time education
- Over 60
To qualify for the advertised discounted rates, Passport to Leisure holders must enter the facilities by 4pm and show their card on arrival to reception staff.
Fitness memberships paid annually or in monthly installments by direct debit are not discounted for Passport to Leisure holders.
People with a physical, sensory or learning impairment who hold a Passport to Leisure and require assistance to make use of the facilities may bring a companion who will be admitted free of charge.
How to obtain a Passport to Leisure?
Please complete an application form, available to download here
Stevenage Leisure : sessions at catmose sports centre
Stevenage Leisure works in partnership with Rutland County Council to host sessions at Catmose Sports Centre, Oakham, LE15 6RP.
Built as part of a Building Schools for the Future project, the centre offers Rutland residents the opportunity to experience the best in sports, health and fitness under one roof. Facilities include:
- A 60 station fitness suite equipped with state of the art Technogym equipment
- 2 Dance studios offering a range of fitness and workout classes including the latest from Body Training Systems and Zumba
- A 25m pool with a diverse programme
- AquaEd Swim School
- An 8 court sports hall
- A floodlit all weather external pitch
- A Multi Use Games Area
For further information including sessions, how to join and book online, visit www.sll.co.uk/catmose/Catmose