SEND: Special Educational Needs and Disability services
The Children’s Centre offers inclusive activities, support groups and sessions to support all families in order for their children to achieve their full potential.
We provide an inclusive environment where kindness and respect is demonstrated to and by everyone. At the Children’s Centre all children and adults are listened to and valued irrespective of race, religion, culture, gender, ability or age. We provide high quality, effective early identification and intervention for vulnerable children and children in need including those with special educational needs.
We support children with additional needs by:
- Providing inclusive sessions which are designed to meet a variety of different needs and development stages.
- Offering an accessible building for all which is designed to incorporate quiet, busy and active spaces including a large enclosed garden.
- Providing a safe space accessible to all. We also offer a variety of different resources and activities that meet the needs of every child. This includes sensory equipment and adjustable lighting here at the centre.
- Signposting and supporting families to get the best possible care and help.
- Targeting sessions for children with additional needs outside of term time.
Here are some examples of our fun and exciting sensory play activities!
- Visit the Aiming High website here
- A copy of the Disability Advocacy Services information poster is available to download here
Read the Aiming High January 2020 newsletter here
The Rutland Rotaract Family Support Centre newsletter is available to download here