- REGISTER/CONTACT US
- WHAT'S ON AT THE CHILDREN'S CENTRE
- HOME LEARNING, FUN IDEAS & VIDEOS
- CHILDCARE AND EDUCATION
- SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CHILDREN'S CENTRE & PARTNERS
- Library Information & Sessions
- Early Help Support
- Health Visitors
- Military Families
- SEND: Special Educational Needs and Disability services
- Speech & Language Therapy (SALT)
- Rutland Information Service (RIS)
- Breastfeeding Support Rutland (BSR)
- Young Parents
- New Parents (The Social Baby)
- Domestic Abuse
- Local SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities) Offer
- JOB SPOT
- USEFUL EXTERNAL LINKS
- KEEPING YOUR FAMILY HEALTHY
- KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE
Health Visitors, Clinics and development checks
Health Clinics are normally held at the Children's Centre, as pre-booked appointments when the Centre is open.Health Visitors are not based at the Children's Centre and the Children's Centre staff are unable make appointments/take messages for the Health Visitors.
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust runs a confidential secure text messaging service for parents of children aged 0-19 years called ChatHealth. The service operates Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, excluding bank holidays. All texts will be responded to by a public health nurse (health visitor/school nurse) within 24 hours. Outside of the service working hours, you will receive a message back to inform you that your text will be responded to once the line reopens. This service will continue to be available during the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
Includes advice for:
- Feeding and nutrition
- Child development
- Parenting advice and support
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Behaviour difficulties
- Family Health
Should you require urgent health advice in the meantime, please contact your GP, visit an NHS walk-in centre or call NHS 111. For emergencies, dial 999 or visit A&E.
To make an appointment with your Health Visitor call: 0116 215 3251.
Support from trusted NHS professionals and useful links are also available via the Leicestershire Partnership Health Visitors or Health for Under 5s websites.
Let's Get Talking
“Let's Get Talking” courses are facilitated by Healthy Child Programme practitioners and Speech and Language Therapists. You will be invited to this course should you and your child be identified as benefitting from attending the course.
Registering a birth